Going outdoors is my kind of weekend. There is nothing like stepping outside, feel the Earth and breathe.
Mount Talamitam in Nasugbu, Bantangas is one of the easiest and shortest climb in the Philippines. For newbies, and for some hardcore mountaineers who just want to have a good time outdoors, Mt. Talamitam is a must-climb. Also, it’s a good place to train for those who are aspiring to become trail runners (like me).
Reaching the summit is like no other. The view is such a beauty. You’d also get to see Mt. Batulao on the other side. My friends and I took a lot of photos and we enjoy every view.
Here are some tips/guide if you plan going to Mt. Talamitam on a day hike.
- It is a less than 2-hour drive from Manila if you’re in a private vehicle taking SLEX-Nuvali-Tagaytay-Nasugbu route
- You may also take public buses going to Nasugbu, Batangas and stop at the registration site itself.
- The registration site is at Barangay Aga, Sitio Bayabasan
- Registration fee is PHP40.00 per head
- Guide fee depends how much you want to give your guide. As for us, we gave Kuya Eugene PHP400 + food
- Note: there respective fees if you want to use their toilet and have shower.
- Camping or spending over night is also possible with corresponding fees.
- Sidetrips: Layong Bilog River (optional)
- Rappelling activity is also available at the campsite of Mt. Talamitam.